Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Annual Bull Sale



Oct. 22nd was the annual bull sale at the Micheli Hereford Ranch. This is the ranch that I grew up on in case some of you are not aware of that. Every year the ranch feeds a bunch of people lunch and then holds the big bull sale. Other ranchers come and in a live auction bid on the bulls. This year we sold 70 bulls, some Hereford and some Angus. It went really well and the kids had a blast. Trevor says that his favorite thing was the donuts and digging in the dirt. Abby and Carter loved watching the bulls and they both took naps in the barn. I actually used to help quite a bit with the bull sale but I have to admit that with kids I am no help at all and that I am just there for the entertainment and watching my children enjoy themselves. Thanks everyone for the fun and for letting us come be in the way!

This is Trevor digging in the dirt. I kept trying to get him to come see the bulls but he was content to stay in the dirt all day, and he did!

Hannah, Trevor and Abby taking a rest after the bull sale was over
Carter taking a nap in the barn under the bleachers

1 comments:

Joel said...

Annual Bull Sale is much better, and much more safe, than the Anual run of the Bulls. In the former, cows are sold off for their best purpose: Steak. In the latter a bunch of idiots decide to place themselves in front of herd of running bulls.

I'll take the steak everytime :)

Last year Natalie and the boys were up there for the bull sale and they had a blast! We have pictures with them looking like cowboys. What boy doesn't want to be a cowboy?